Monday, October 23, 2006


Beauty is all around us.
Hoffstrocity brings up a good point, even though he was just beat up by some fake slam pig in Chelsea last weekend. Anyone can make a mistake... even a $25, 35 minute, four Kleenex mistake in a back alley. "I didn't realize it was an asshole until I finished and then I felt I had reasonable cause to refrain from the full payment agreed upon during the initial negotiation phase, which I held while talking on the phone with my grief counselor," he told me earlier today from the waiting room of his local clinic.

As I said though, he advanced a facinating point of interest: the Philadelphia Eagles lost a game Sunday on a 61-yard-fieldgoal by the Tampa Bay Bucs. They lost and the defense only gave up six points the entire day. They lost after Donovan and the offense scored with less than a minute left in the fourth quarter. They lost after the defesnse held a Tampa kicker who hadn't hit anything from more than 30 yards out all season to a 61-yard attempt.

I've been sucker punched a couple of times in the past, knocked senseless by a wild roundhouse to the teeth. The uncertain feeling after a brain jaring blow to the head is remarkably similiar to the way I felt when I saw that little brown football streak powerfully through the uprights. For just a second I thought it could still fall short. It couldn't be going that strong. The NFL record field goal is 62 yards... no. I was struck numb when I saw the refs signal, both hands up straight.

This is unbelievable and I friends will no longer stand for it. I'm drafting a letter that will be mailed TUESDAY offering my services to the Philadelphia football franchise. I need to get involved here, sitting on the sidelines watching the team self destruct is not an option. We could end up a six win team again real quick, and I don't have the stamina for that.

Until the Eagles get back to me, I need something to keep the spirits up. And so does everyone else. I fully believe in the healing powers of stiff spirits.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twas a sad weekend for football indeed. First on Saturday I watch my college team, U of Washington, complete a miracle hail mary pass for a touchdown to send the game to overtime. Such Jubilation. Touchdown Cal on the first play of overtime, interception Cal when the Huskies get the ball. I need another beer. On Sunday we were waving the rally flag for the Eagle in memory of or departed Pell. Westbrook touchdown; clapping abounds. Graham field goal; pass the scotch. But at least the beloved Seahawks are on next. Things are looking grim and then Hasselbeck has his leg rolled up on by some scumbag Viking defender. Pass the Tequila with the Vikatin chaser. Seneca Wallace's quote after going 14/25 for 135 yards with two picks and a fumble in the end zone for a Viking touchdown, "I think I did pretty good considering the circumstances." And so the season goes in the toilet. If only Koy Detmer could save us.

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. My attorney's going to have a field day w/ that first paragraph you Polish sonofaPell. I'll see you in court.
-You know damn well who this is

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All ye fans of Pell, check out this site, where he is touted as the key to Missouri crushing Oklahoma

http://www.docsports.com/2006/head-to-head-4.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home