Sunday, October 22, 2006



Thanks for the positive feedback folks. I agree with Big Daddy, I do need an editor, every good writer does. A common lament of many of the journalists I'm learning from now is that they can't spell and constantly battle copy problems. It's an issue, but they say it with a nod and a wink that seems to suggest, there's more to story telling than clean copy. You need style, charisma, power. And besides, we've got to give the copy editors something to do. So I'll continue to chant my mantra: endeavorrrrrr to cleannnneeehhh zhhhhhe copyyyyy...at least until I find the right editor and leave the trivialities to the trivial. Man, that might not be the best note to start out my future relationship with my future copy editor. Shit, I have to apologize to a person I've never even met to convince them to take a job I can't even offer. Oh, well...they'll have to have a thick skin anyhow.But I think we should all keep in mind that this blog is designed specifically for firing from the hip, usually from the folds of a nice mellow six beer belly buzz. (Maybe I should stick with free form poetry, that would avoid further copy critiques.) But even so, I think I'll start writing these entries in Word and importing them.Maybe this will allow me to live up to the standards of one Drew Mangione. Ahhh, there you are peering out from the shadows…A little snarky aren’t we Mr. Mangione? I’ve never needed anything “desperately” since I was 18 (I’ll explain what I needed at that age when you’re older). Calling me desperate is a grossly erroneous characterization and you know it. Mean spirited? Juvenile? Self centered? Sure, all those descriptions fit, but desperate... No, desperation is your bag DGM, and don’t try to pawn that rancid shit off on me.

4 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Desperation is the drive of many...coupled with fear, it is an elixor best gulped.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike Pell! My sister sent me the link to this massive inside joke you call your blog. Just kidding it's hilarious. Speaking of internet blogs have you heard of this guy Tucker Max? You should check him out, for some reason you remind me of him. Anyway did you hear the news about my sis and Collin? Finally getting married hurray! Hopefully the wedding will come close to comparing to the debauchery-fest that was the Pell wedding. Anyway things are great in Montreal, I hope you're enjoying college as much as I am. Keep it redneck dude
-Matt

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Pell said...

Desperation is no good. Makes men rash and women murderous. Desperate men take foolish chances...not gambling, more of a suicide to avoid the pounding inherit in the act of losing. No soul.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty sure I'll be ready to talk about that Eagles game by Thursday/Friday...of February. I hate life.
-Hoff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home