Sunday, September 24, 2006


STRANGE WORDS AND LATE NIGHTS

It's 10 p.m. Monday -- 48 hours straight of High Life beer and pounding away at this damn article on the design of housing developments. Working on the thing between classes, teaching assignments and football has been tough, physically and spirtually. I even lost faith in my self for a second after I got the second revision back. I mean, if I can't move into a foreign region of the country in August and then write a 2,500 word article on the design of housing developments -- a topic I know nothing about -- what the hell good am I?

Hmm, maybe I need to increase the pace and take the entire article on a ridiculous turn that no one could possibly see coming. Maybe announce in the bottom third of the thing that one source regularly confers with Benjamin Franklin on all matters of exterior design concern, but never interior. He's got Aaron Burr for that. Then wrap up the whole piece with a stern warning about sound mental hygiene being what's really cool.

No, that's no good at all.

And if this whole dead line thing with an 8 a.m. class looming isn't enough, I'm still the target of several would be cock smokes.

Twenty-four hours ago, I was taking a long pull off my Miller High Life, celbrating the nailing of one transition graf that really should have been much easier, when my phone started skipping around and vibrating all over the desk. The name on the phone screen said Hoffman, but I knew better. It was an unwashed Frenchman looking to derail my recent progress.

I cringed. Maybe Dianna could take the call and tell him I was doing pilates in the basement? I thought. Shittt, he'd never believe that. Not because it isn't an outstanding lie. No, it's good. She just wouldn't be able to deliver it.

"Hoff, how bout those Birds?" I said.

He's already in the middle of a tirade, the gist of which seems to be that I'm an asshole. Oh, untrustworthy too.

He rattles off the number of drinks he's had while watching the Eagles game and part of the late game. There's a pause while he waits for me to sound impressed. He's drinking Scotch these days and desperately hopes that powerful, brown liquor will wash away the stink of the Seine and the morning's anal lube.

Maybe I don't sound impressed enough.

He starts making bold claims that he's been carrying my blog.
"Yeah, you sure do Hoff," I tell him assuringly. "You're a special guy. Nobody else is as good as you."
His mom paid us to hang out with him in college and part of the deal was we had to take a weekend couse in calming him down from these shame spirals he gets in. I only receive a pension from her now, but I figure I owe the lady a free be.
He says that he's been talking to Matt Dunn and Matt agrees that he's been carrying my blog. (Sounds like Matt may have taken his own course in dealing with the mentally unstable.)
I don't know what to believe though. Could Big Daddy really be in league with this filthy rablle rousing Frenchman?
"I'm renting Beaches tomorrow and have a nice cry," he says thickly. "My lawyer will have a field day with this. Write that down you son of a buitch. I have this from not only my attorney but from Los Papas Grandes as well. He's so big he's plural. "Cry Baby Bryan Hoffman said he's going to sick his lawyers on me."
I'm pretty sure that last line is him imitating me.
This is followed by grabled nonsense, something Alexis Smith..."he smells like cabage."
He gets upset and called me a "gip." Under intense questioning, he admits that he doesn't know what the word means. No definition.
"You've been riding me since day one," he suddenly exclaims.
He catches a burst of momentum though and starts spinnig yarns about how he's carrying this blog and he hasn't seen a decent comment on there from anyone else. He feels like, "Cock of the Walk."
"Fucking A pell there's no one else in the running," he shouts. "Matt Dunn's comments, not funny, but he's pretty big. Forget I ever said that."
So he immediately bad mouths his ally. Ahh, that's how come I can afford not to take him seriously. Frenchmen always turn on their allies when things get tough.
Hoff, begs me not to mention the comments he's made baout Dunn. He fears retribution.
"I need to go dude." I say.
"College football is for fags and you can quote me on that."
"I sure will."
Well I've found just the right tempo from "The In Sound From Way Out," so I should probably get going.

5 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger DGM said...

There are reasons why Hoff is NOT carrying your blog and they are resounding, despite the fact that his unemployed non-writing French ass is a better speller than you Pell. "pilotis" "hygine" What the F?

Some things will apparently never change, even with additional schooling, you shiftless scum bag. If you paid as much attention to your spelling as the metrosexual Hoffman does his hygiene, you might also know that it is spelled Pilates.

As they say here in NNY, irregardless. Let's get down to brass tax. How much for the ape? Your infrequent and substandard rants (in terms of my expectations for you) do not leave us with much to work with here Mr. Pell, but alas, the two entries from our James Dean wannabe (nice V-neck) do not supplant you.

First off, his post on last week's Eagles game came after this week's game. If this was your doing Pell, good job poisoning his well. Either way, we know who the cock of the walk is on this blog.

Second, if Hoff is criticizing us, the audience, I may have to boycott reading his drivel in the future. I dare say that Los Papas Grandes has overcome your walking stick 1 1/2 times the length of his leg and proven himself to be the most faithful reader. His point is best...TAKE OFF THE COMMENT MODERATION PELL YOU FACIST.

I've got to calm down now. That point has me thinking Hoff may be right. No a manicured and pruned Frenchman in NYC cannot be right. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wait, I'm back to normal. Pell, you are the man...For now.

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoff, although I haven't met him or if I did, had no impression on me whatsoever, should stop crying like a little bitch. If los papas grandes doesn't swat you with pells electric bug killer, you should stick your head in a filthy toilet and flush. The swirlly effect may enlighten your pathetic little self centered, lonely soul. Apare me your crybaby bull. I log in to hear the Pell's opinion, and gain insite into his complex persona. Frankly, I usually skip the Crappy French rhetoric and wait for the sPell to make me smile...you asshole. Go back to France

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Matthew D Dunn said...

Michael Robinson represent!

 
At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah Pell, you doth prtest too much. It has become obvious that in your lastest barrage of bong hits with Bushmills chasers accompanied by unrequited attempts at sodomy, you hurt your ankle. You have been left with no choice but to lean on your favorite crutch, the shiftless Frenchman. Obviously you are out of original ideas and have to rely on old material, but hey, the Frenchman is hilarious. The over/under on when you will post something interesting not about a Frenchmen is 50 bong hits, 1 3/4 bottles of Whiskey and 12 Vicodin. I have faith in you buddy, I'm taking the under.

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told by a friend of mine to read this blog b/c it was very, very funny. Now I've never met Pell or Hoff but I have to say this as an impartial observer. I kinda have to agree with this Hoff character. While he may be French, his rants/"quotes" do seem to be the funniest things written on here. And while I don't know him, I just don't think he'd go after someone of Los Papas Grandes' size. I assume this was all a fabrication made up by Pell b/c he secretly knows that the French guy was right. Plus Hoff's really hot. As probably your only female reader I say more pictures of Hoff and less pictures of food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home