Sunday, August 27, 2006






Here are a few more background shots for all ya. Up top is a photo I took at Yankee Stadium. These kids that sat in front of us cracked me up. They fought constantly and jeered Arod like only true Yankee fans could.
The seconf photo down is the one and only Col. Andrew Pell. He just got back from a mission to the spice islands of Antille for the U.S. Foreign Trade Advisory Committee. This is the first delegation he's ever lead solo (by the way he's the youngest person to hold such a post since John Quincy Adams was sent to St. Petersburg in 1809.)
Then we have Adam and Katie in West Chester.
The photos I've been posting have been kind of a historical record of the last year, so that way we can put it down for the record and move on to the present, or actually what will be the present once it's here. I think the last photo sums up our time in Copenhagen rather nicely. It's D$ and Kayote, my cousin J.T.'s wife posing right before a stand off with some of our neighbors. Good times.

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the picture of the women with guns:

First off, my name is Kaori, not Kayote. I don't know how you though you could get away with such a heinous misspelling. Not even your grandmother and her American-car-dealership-owning male companion* mispronounce my name anymore, let alone misspell it!

Second, that picture was taken after the stand-off with your neighbors and not before. I admit that I was really scared before my first American-style fire fight, but things went so well and I had such fun shooting the big gun... well, you see me really smiling, but before I was really making a scared face. So next time you write about me, get the facts straight!

Kaori

*Note from JT: for the uninitiated, it is significant that my grandmother's male companion owns an American car dealership because that fact, together with his being an 80 some-year-old man who came of age in WWII, seems to contribute significantly to his resistance to all forms of Japanese culture, including the proper pronunciation of my wife's name. Also, by mentioning our grandmother's male companion my wife was in no way trying to insinuate that our grandmother is some kind of geriatric slut. Lots of older women date older men, and the term "male companion" is more dignified than "boyfriend," so quit snickering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home