Saturday, August 19, 2006




So it's early in the afternoon, a Saturday, and the cicadas hum in Columbia, Missouri. This is the calm before the academic shit-storm. To keep up morale, I've been running the old engine on high.
A good friend of mine, Sir Rodney Knowno, a good man in a pinch with a sort of suave Inspector Gadgetesque manner, sat me down earlier this month before leaving the east coast for the Midwest.
He said, "Pell, a man like you needs to take advantage of modern mediums." Rodney paused here and leveled a fixed gaze across the room, forming just the right words in his mind's eye before continuing. "You've...got things to say -- a lot of things to say. I think you make sense for the most part. I'll be perfectly honest, I like where you're going. You get down to the truth...pretty quickly and well, the world needs more of that."
"Really?" I said.
"Mmmm, yeah. Take advantage of this electronic age and you could be the next Thomas Paine."
"No."
"Uhh, yeah."
And here we are. After a few fun household chores, I got to it this evening and started my very own Online Log. The air up here in the logosphere is very fine indeed.
But then my bitchy wife, dianna, started up with her "rules" and "regulations," always trying to hold me down.
"Basically, if anything you did with me/to me would get an NC-17 rating...you can't talk about it in your blog," she said after much deliberation.
Ahhhh...it's just like that time I was trying to make my own black powder and she told the saltpeter distributor that I didn't have state approval to conduct the transaction. He was hot for the deal and his boss knew it was the right thing to do, a nod and a hand shake would have served those two just fine, but Dianna has to put what we all know out in the open and queer the deal. No, matter now though.
I'll have to find out just would get a NC-17 rating, really walk a fine line. Let's face it, she'll never check this site anyway.
To cover the business end of this whole thing, well, the picture above and to the right is Julia, my dog. We had a photo shoot last March. It was the first real warm day and Julia strode forth to survey her domain. Her lands are considerably smaller here in Columbia. But on the plus side, she does have access to many dog parks, like the one pictured in the upper left. Yeah, that other dog's sniffing her ass.
Keep checking, we'll have some good shit up here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home