Monday, July 02, 2007

Revolution!!!

This president of ours sure is a brassy son-of-a-bitch. The idea of Lewis Scooter Libby going to jail put a little itch in my jeans. It made me feel like political reform was more than mere fancy. Like, I was not just a cock-eyed optimist with an inspiring haircut.

Oh, and speaking of haircuts. I had my first Asian the other day. Nothing of a sexual nature I assure you. It was simply a haircut. I walked in off the street and plopped down into a chair without knowing the least bit about the place. She knew what she was doing. Nothing fancy, no texturing, but every stroke of her clippers and slice of her scissors made a precise incision, a surgical procedure. My side burns were mathematically even. It was like somebody was using the cosign factor on my parabola. And even though she pushed the happy ending a little too strong and I had to give her a James-Bond-Sexy-Opend-Handed-Slap as I tried to leave... I'll go back.

Errr... Yes, but back to politics. What's so terrible about Scooter, VP Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, getting a commuted sentence (Bush wiped out the 30 months in prison and left him as he said with a stiff $250,000 fine and a disgrace that only God or Dorian Gray could dismiss) is that it was a solid leadership decision by the judiciary. The decision essentially sent a message to all the toadies in both parties and in all branches of government: If you want to lie to cover up for the disgraceful conduct of your bosses, fine, but the cake walk is over. You lie, you go to jail. Fuck the fines that the corrupt scum you're protecting will fundraise to pay for you. Fuck the disgrace of a penaltyless conviction -- disgrace is something these people honestly don't understand. The one thing they get is getting locked up in jail. Separation from their families, their jobs, their mistresses, this they understand.

Sadly, we the people were robbed of that warning to our elected officials. I recomened sending a letter to your duly elected federal representative, just one, although all three would be better. Send Arlen Spector if you're from PA and tell him you are pissed and you want to see him take a shot at the president, figuratively of course. Tell, Spector you want him to call Bush on the carpet for this repungnant behavior. Tell him, you wouldn't stand for your dog pissing in the house without swatting it in the nose with a rolled up newspaper and you expect no less from your president.

Send your letter to:
Senator Arlen Spector
711 Hart BuildinG
Washington, DC 20510

I only suggest Senator Spector because he's a level-headed moderate Republican who would probably kick Bush in the scrotum if the Secret Service looked away for just two minutes. But look up your own Senator or House Represenatative if you feel like it. Letters work better than e-mail, but if you don't have the time, send an e-mail. It only has to be one sentence, maybe two. Just let them know that you're pissed. Good luck.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, haven't you ever been a member of a good ol' boy's club? You guys should be sending your complaints to me. Man, I miss that 6 year term.

Rip Sanitarium

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Pell said...

Mr. Santorum,
I've asked you, politely, to stop commenting on my blog, calling me at work and e-mailing me. The one time I contacted you was to berate you for voting record in the Senate. How you misinterpreted that letter into representing support for you, I don't know. But seriously, Rick, move on. You lost me, and you lost Pennsylvania, Penn's Woods if you will.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want me to tell Rick to back off? That you're taken? Spoken for?

D$, one tough bitch

 

Post a Comment

<< Home